|Fat 1/4||Pink floral print||Cut (2) mirror-image of Shoe uppers**|
Cut (2) mirror-image of Shoe uppers
|8" x 8"||Green wool||Cut (2) mirror-image soles|
|4" x 6"||Pink wool||Cut (2) flower toe embellishments*|
|18" x 22"||Low-loft batting||Cut (2) mirror-image Shoe uppers**|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|1||Black embroidery floss|
- Shoe Size: 3-6 months
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- ** = Layer fabric and batting and quilt before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Shoe:
- Place the pink floral print and quilted pink floral print Shoe uppers right sides together and sew along the straight edge, inside curve and opposite straight edge. Trim to 1/8" from seam. Turn right side out and press.
- Heat fuse the toe embellishment in place with an iron. Stitch along edge of the petals.
- Pin the Shoe upper and sole right sides together, matching darts at the heel and toe. The remaining fabric (closest to the heel) should wrap around the outside. Sew the sole to the Shoe upper. Trim to 1/8" from seam. Turn right side out.
- Hand stitch the hook-and-loop closure to the overlapping flap.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 to assemble a matching shoe.