Bear Cub BlankieProject #16080
Cuddle up with a Bear Cub Blankie. Inspire your next creation with this charming look courtesy of the Kid Giddy collection.
Products Used660926-Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Bear Cub
|24 1/2" x 24 1/2"||White jungle print double gauze|
|24 1/2" x 24 1/2"||Tan solid double gauze|
|10" x 10"||Teal cuddle||Cut (2) back head pieces, 2 cheek pieces|
Cut (1) forehead piece
Cut (4) ear pieces
|1||Tan embroidery floss|
|1 package||Polyester fiberfill|
- Finished Size: 24" x 24"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Making the Blanket:
- Place the 24 1/2" Squares right sides together and stitch around perimeter, leaving an opening about 6" long to turn blanket right side out.
- Turn right side out. Press. Whipstitch hole closed.
- Stitch around the perimeter of receiving blanket, 1/2" from the edge.
Making the Bear Cub Head:
- Lay desired fabrics (matching stretch direction Fig. 1), onto the Bear Cub die and roll through the machine.
- Sew both back head pieces right sides together from the top to the bottom (see Fig. 2) along the edge without the notches.
- Place a side cheek piece right side up and place the center head piece right side down sideways, lining up the edges. Sew the face seam together (see Fig. 3a).
- Open these two pieces (see Fig. 3b). Place and sew the other side cheek piece to the opposite side of the center piece (see Fig. 3c).
- Fold the face in half right sides together and sew the bottom center of the neck together from the two cheek ends up to the nose (see Fig. 3d).
- There will be a hole in the tip of the nose that needs to be closed. Flatten the underside of the nose seam and sew straight across the top of the nose tip (see Fig. 4).
- Flip over the face of the bear and pin the raw edge of the ears along the top raw edge of the head. Place the ears just outside of the forehead seams (see Fig. 5) and set the face piece aside.
- Stuff with polyester fiberfill.
- Fold the blanket in half and then in half again to find center.
- Whip stitch Bear Cub Head to center of blanket.
- Wrap the tan ribbon around the Bear's neck and tie into a bow.