Puzzle Piece Quilt
Put it together to perfection! Start with a 10" Square and appliqué Half-Oval pieces and you'll have it made!
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|(23) Fat 1/4||Assorted prints and solids||Cut (30) 10" Squares|
Cut (49) Half-Ovals* to match Square colors
|3/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (7) 2 1/4" wide Strips x WOF|
|4 yd||Backing fabric|
|52" x 60"||Batting|
|2 yd||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- WOF = width of fabric
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Piecing the Quilt Top:
- Using the quilt photo as a guide, lay out the Squares on the floor or design wall. The Half-Ovals create the look of a puzzle piece.
- When pleased with the arrangement, heat fuse the Half-Ovals in place and stitch around the shapes as desired.
- Sew the Squares in rows, 5 across by 6 down to complete the quilt top.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew the binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise with wrong sides together and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.