Hawaiian Flower Quilt
Say aloha with your favorite batik fabrics! With this upbeat appliqué design, your sunny style will shine through every time by design.
|1 1/2 yd||Turquoise solid||Cut (1) 28" square for the background
Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
|1/2 yd||Pink batik print||Cut (3) Hawaiian Motif Flowers*|
|7/8 yd||Backing fabric||Cut (1) 29" square|
|29" x 29"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 28" x 28"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Project:
- Center one Hawaiian Motif Flower on the 28" background square and heat fuse in place with iron.
- Cut the remaining two Hawaiian Motif Flowers in half on the diagonal.
- Place Hawaiian Motif Flowers on the background and heat fuse in in place with iron as shown in the photo.
- Straight stitch along the edge of each Hawaiian Motif Flower.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.