Snuggle QuiltProject #16434
Stand out in style! Colors come alive with this attractive pattern that's sure to elegantly accent any room. Follow the directions below and see how Sizzix makes quilting quick, easy and fun!
Products Used656687-Sizzix Bigz Pro 25" Die - Strips, 2" Wide 657633-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2" Wide 658661-Sizzix Bigz Die - Tessellating Pinwheel, 4 1/2" Assembled
|1/3 yd||Coral print cotton fabric||Cut (28) Tessellating Pinwheel blades*|
|1/3 yd||Plain pink cotton fabric||Cut (24) Tessellating Pinwheel blades *|
|1/3 yd||Plain aqua cotton fabric||Cut (24) Tessellating Pinwheel blades*|
|1/2 yd||Plain mint cotton fabric||Cut (4) 2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
Cut (24) Tessellating Pinwheel blades*
|2 1/2 yd||Background and backing fabric||Cut (1) 106cm square
Cut (100) Tessellating Pinwheel blades*
- Finished Size: 103cm x 103cm (40 1/2" x 40 1/2")
- * = Fabric must be cut all face up or face down. Do not cut mirror images.
- WOF = width of fabric
- All seam allowances are 6mm or 1/4" unless noted.
- Press all seams away from the white.
Piecing the Project:
- Sew 4 coral print blades to 4 white blades along diagonal side, with right sides together.
- Using photo as a guide, sew 4 sets of sewed blades together to make a pinwheel.
- Repeat with remaining coral print blades to make a total of 7 pinwheel blocks.
- Sew plain-coloured blades to white blades – making sure that all the blades are sewn in the same direction as the printed blades (so that all the pinwheels go the same way).
- Sew the sets together to make blocks – to create a total of 25 blocks.
- Using the photo as a guide, sew the blocks into 5 rows of 5.
- Press the seams on rows 1, 3 and 5 to the left and rows 2 and 4 to the right.
- Layer the backing, wadding and pieced top together and pin.
- Quilt as desired through all 3 layers.
- Trim backing and wadding to match the quilt top.
- Sew the binding strips, right sides together, to make one long strip.
- Press in half lengthways, wrong sides together.
- Stitch binding to right sides of quilt top, matching raw edges together, and mitering the corners.
- Press binding to the back of the quilt and slip stitch in place.