|(2) 6" x 6"||Pink wool||Cut (2) Penny Rug Mats, three scallops|
Cut (2) 1/2" x 6" handles
|6" x 6"||Green wool||Cut (6) 1" Tongues|
Cut (2) Leaves
|4" x 4"||Light blue wool||Cut (2) large Circles|
Cut (1) large Flower
|4" x 4"||Yellow wool||Cut (2) large Circles|
Cut (1) medium Flower
|4" x 4"||Lavender wool||Cut (2) large Circles|
Cut (1) small Flower
|2" x 2"||Orange wool||Cut (1) large Circle|
|Assorted embroidery floss|
- Finished Size: 8" x 15"
- Use painter's tape to tape off three scallops on the die before cutting. Trim the long edge if needed.
- Unless indicated otherwise, all stitching is with one strand of embroidery floss.
Assembling the Project:
- Center the large Flower and three Leaves in the middle of the runner.
- With two strands of gold floss, back stitch through the center of the Leaves.
- With two strands of gold floss, back stitch through the center of the petals of the largest flower.
- Lay the yellow Flower on top of the light blue Flower. Stitch down the center of each petal with a running stitch and gold floss.
- Lay the remaining lavender Flower and orange Circle over the yellow Flower. Star stitch with gold floss, going through all of the layers. Make a French knot in the center.
- Center Tongues and Circles onto front of Mat and sew around using a blanket stitch.
- Place the top and back together. Blanket stitch with two strands of pink floss around all edges.
- Stitch handles to side seams. Tie in knot to connect.