|(12) Fat 1/8||Red and white prints||Cut (40) 4 1/2" x 8 1/2" Triangles|
|(2) Fat 1/8||White on white prints||Cut (8) 4 1/2" x 8 1/2" Triangles|
|(8) Fat 1/8||Black and white prints||Cut (13) Scottie Dogs*|
|Fat 1/8||Red fabric||Cut (13) dog collars*|
|1 yd||Solid white||Cut (13) 8 1/2" Squares|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (5) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding|
|1 1/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|46" x 46"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 40" x 40"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = 9" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt:
- Arrange Scottie Dogs and collars in the center of each 8 1/2" square. Heat fuse in place using an iron. Stitch around shapes as desired.
- Arrange Triangles into units of 4 with two lighter fabrics on the top and bottom. Place the two darker fabrics in the sides of the block. Together, these make an hourglass block. Repeat to form 12 blocks.
- Sew Triangle blocks together. Press toward the darker color.
- Using a design wall or floor, lay out quilt squares to form the quilt top. Begin with a Scottie Dog block and alternate with an hourglass block, 5 across by 5 down.
- Sew squares together to form rows, then sew rows together to form the quilt top.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.