Welcome Pineapple Table Runner
You're always welcome at home. And what better way to feel appreciated than with a homespun greeting? From its adorable design to its effective use of space, this project captures life's most special place!
|1/3 yd||Light yellow||Cut (3) 10" Squares|
|5" x 7"||3 Different orange prints||Cut (3) Pineapples*|
|Fat 1/8||Green print||Cut (15) leaves*|
|1/3 yd||Green print #2||Cut (2) 10" Squares
Cut (1) 10 1/2" Square
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|18" x 45"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 13" x 40"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Project:
- As shown in photo, place a Pineapple and leaves on light yellow 10" Square. Heat fuse in place with iron. Stitch around Pineapple and leaves as desired. Repeat with remaining pineapples and light yellow 10" Squares.
- Cut the two 10" green Squares in half on the diagonal.
- Cut the one 10 1/2" green Square in quarters on the diagonal.
- As shown in photo, stitch one quartered Square to the top left of first Pineapple Square.
- Stitch one diagonal cut Square to the bottom right of first Pineapple Square.
- Stitch one quartered Square to the top right of the first Pineapple Square. Set aside.
- As shown in photo, stitch one diagonal cut Square to the top left and bottom right of second Pineapple Square. Set aside.
- As shown in photo, stitch one quartered Square to the lower left of last Pineapple Square. Stitch one diagonal cut Square to the top right of the last Pineapple Square. Stitch the last quartered Square to the bottom right of the last Pineapple Square.
- As shown in photo, stitch the first Pineapple unit to the second Pineapple unit and the second to the third.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.