Winter Berries Pillow
Be berry, berry creative! This unique handmade project reveals all the sweetness you can express with essential dies from the Quilting & Appliqué collection.
Theme: Decorative Elements
|1/2 yd||Osnaburg fabric||Cut (2) 18" Squares|
|6" x 6"||Red wool||Cut (24) 1 1/4" Circles*|
|1 1/2" x WOF||Brown print||Cut (1) 1" wide Strip x WOF|
|20" x 20"||Batting|
|1||16" Square pillow form|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 16" x 16"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes
- WOF = Width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Use one 18" Square for the front of the pillow and one for the back. Set aside back for now.
- Fold the 1" Strip in half wrong sides together. Press with an iron. Using the photo as reference, sew the raw edge of the strip using a scant 1/4" seam in a swooping manner to form the branch. Cut remaining Strip and repeat to form the shorter branch. Fold finished edge over to cover raw edges of the strip. Hand or machine stitch branch in place on the front of the pillow.
- Place red circles in a pleasing manner on both sides of the branches. Sew by hand in place using your favorite stitch.
- Layer batting and pillow top and quilt as desired.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 8" long to insert pillow form.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right-side out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.