Wool Star Table MatProject #16687
Sizzix is your inspiration for DIY home decorating and so much more. Imagine how lovely this table mat will look in your home!
Products Used659551-Sizzix Bigz Die - Star #3 660929-Sizzix Bigz Die - Penny Rug Circles & Tongues 660913-Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Penny Rug Mat
|9" x 24"||Blue wool||Cut (2) Penny Rug Mats|
|9" x 16"||Gold wool||Cut (10) Tongues|
Cut (1) Star
|6" x 10"||Red wool||Cut (11) medium Circles|
|4" x 4"||Black wool||Cut (15) small Circles|
Cut (1) large Circle
|Assorted embroidery floss|
- Finished Size: 8" x 15"
Assembling the Project:
- Place the Star onto the front of a Penny Rug Mat and sew around the Star using a blanket stitch.
- Layer one large black Circle and one medium red Circle in the center of the Star and sew around using a star stitch. Finish with a French knot in the center.
- Place a small black Circle at each point of Star and stitch in place.
- Center Tongues on the Penny Rug scallops as shown in photo and sew around using a blanket stitch.
- Layer a medium red Circle and small black Circle on each Tongue and sew around using a star stitch. Finish with a French knot in the center.
- Place the top and back together. Blanket stitch with two strands of blue floss around all edges.