Dresden Plate Purse
Let the fun begin! This fabulous format allows for many fun and colorful patterns. No matter what look you're after, you can easily express your own unique personality with our Quilting & Appliqué dies.
|1/2 yd||Gray chambray||Cut (8) Dresden Plates
Cut (1) 4 1/8" x 19 5/8" rectangle
Cut (1) 2 1/2" x 21" for binding
|12" x 12"||Brown/gray check||Cut (2) Dresden Plates|
|12" x 12"||Black/gray stripe||Cut (2) Dresden Plates|
|12" x 12"||Black/gray plaid||Cut (2) Dresden Plates|
|12" x 12"||Brown/gray plaid||Cut (2) Dresden Plates|
|18" x 36"||Batting|
|1||1/2" x 29" purchased handle|
- Finished Size: 19" wide x 10" tall
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Assembling the Purse:
- Sew Dresden Plates together as shown in Diagram 1 to make one front unit and one back unit.
- Sew one Dresden Plate to each 4 1/8" end of rectangle as shown in Diagram 2 to make bottom unit.
- Layer batting with front, back and bottom units. Pin in place.
- Trim batting approximately 1" larger around front, back and bottom unit sides.
- Quilt as desired.
- Trim batting to size of units.
- Cut lining to size of units: one front, one back and one bottom.
- Sew front and back unit to bottom matching bottom seams to corners of front and back units.
- Repeat for lining.
- Place lining inside of purse.
- Baste around top edge.
- Sew binding together on the 2 1/2" sides.
- Sew handles with raw edges even to top edge at sides.
- Press binding in half.
- Sew binding to top edge.
- Fold over raw edge and sew in place.
- Open zipper and stitch to binding.