Mixed Media GuitarProject #16756
Are you ready to rock? This rockin’ guitar amps up any décor with a fun vibe. It’s a fun and easy way to get in touch with your inner rock star!
Products Used661185-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 3PK - Mixed Media #2 661195-Sizzix Bigz Die - Ornate Frame #2 661186-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 3PK - Mixed Media #3 661193-Sizzix Bigz Die - Gadget Gears #2 661198-Sizzix Bigz XL Alphabet Die - Typo Upper 661199-Sizzix Bigz XL Alphabet Die - Typo Lower 661097-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 10PK - Mix & Match Flowers 661499-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 2PK - Lace
Other Supplies: Electric Guitar Kit, Cardstock, Plain Paper, Assorted Distress Inks, Assorted Distress Paints, Assorted Findings, Canvas Fabric, Idea-ology Gadget Gears and Mini Cogs, Masking Tape, Mount Board, Paint Brushes, PVA Glue, Texture Paste, White Gesso
How to Make (Guitar Body):
- Take several sheets of thin plain paper and scrunch into a ball before flattening out retaining the creases.
- Apply PVA glue to the face of the guitar body and apply pieces of the creased paper tearing to size where appropriate.
- Create stencils using the Mixed Media #3 die set and apply texture paste through the stencils to add detail.
- Die-cut an assortment of cogs, letters and the picture frame from mount board. Die-cut and assemble an assortment of 3-D Flowers from stiff cardstock.
- Apply the die-cuts to the face of the body together with a selection of metal findings add the control knobs, pickup and bridge unit.
- Use strips of masking tape along the side of the body and apply several coats of white gesso over the face and sides of the guitar body.
- Once the base coats of gesso are dry, apply the green and blue coloured acrylics blending as you go.
- Allow to dry and water down the darker paints before applying over the areas of detail. Blot off any excess with a clean damp cloth.
- Use a dry brush technique with white gesso to enhance and add highlights to the raised detail.
How to Make (Guitar Neck):
- Mask of the sides of the headstock and die-cut the acanthus swirl from the Mixed Media #2 set in the centre of a piece of card. Use this as a stencil through which to apply the texture paste.
- Die-cut a cog from mount board and attach to the headstock. Once firmly attached trim away any overhang.
- Attach any findings and the guitar tuners. Apply the paints in the same order as with the body.
- Once everything is dry, remove the masking tape and mount the neck onto the body of the guitar before attaching the strings.