Capture the essence of vintage. This Stone House accentuates the antique and is a welcome sight for any housewarming or party event.
Other Supplies: Plain Heavyweight Card, Assorted Distress Inks, Assorted Distress Paints, Flower Soft Paint Brush, Texture Paste
- Die-cut the window frames, door and porch supports from deep red heavyweight card. Die-cut several strips of the roof tiles from the same card.
- Die-cut the walls, front step and chimney from heavyweight card.
- Use the die from the Mixed Media #3 set that resembles a dry stone wall effect to create a stencil and use the stencil through which to apply texture paste to the walls and chimney and leave to dry.
- Paint the walls and chimney with gray acrylic and allow to dry before applying white acrylic using a dry brush technique to pick out the detail of the 'stones'.
- Paint the window frames, door and porch supports pale with orange acrylic using the same dry technique to give the appearance of weathering.
- Use the dry brush technique one the ends of the tile strips and attach the strips to the roof and porch by overlapping them.
- Use Distress Inks to add contrast around the edges of the die-cuts.
- Apply some Flower Soft to the roof to give the appearance of moss.
- Assemble the house according to the instructions applied with the packaging.