Retro Wool StockingProject #17444
Hang your holiday hopes onto some stylish inspiration. This charming wool stocking showcases your creativity while celebrating the happiest time of the year. Follow the directions below and away you go!
Products Used660929-Sizzix Bigz Die - Penny Rug Circles & Tongues 660914-Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Stocking
|(2) 7" x 10"||Ivory wool||Cut (2) mirror-image Stockings|
Cut (5) small Circles
|5" x 5"||Bright green wool||Cut (4) large Circles|
Cut (2) medium Circles
Cut (1) small Circle
Cut (2) hangers
|8" x 8"||Turquoise wool||Cut (1) toe|
Cut (2) Tongues
Cut (3) medium Circles
Cut (2) small Circles
Cut (2) extra-small Circles
|Assorted embroidery floss|
- Finished Size: 7" x 5"
- Unless indicated otherwise, all stitching is with one strand of embroidery floss.
Assembling the Project:
- Center turquoise toe onto front Stocking and sew around the edge using a blanket stitch.
- Place the small ivory Circles along the top curve of the toe and make French knots.
- Place Tongues on top edge of Stocking and stitch in place using a decorative stitch.
- Place one bright green Circle and one turquoise Circle on each Tongue. Star stitch with two strands of ivory floss, going through all of the layers. Make a French knot in the center.