Easter Bunnies Wall Hanging
Capture all the joys of Easter in your own special way. This wall hanging offers ample embellishing opportunities with a celebration of bright spring colors. For instant inspiration, just follow the easy instructions below.
|Fat 1/4||Cream||Cut (1) 13" x 22" for the background|
|Fat 1/4||Brown*||Cut (2) 10" x 8" rectangles|
|(5) 5" Squares||Assorted prints*|
|16" x 25"||Batting|
|1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (2) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 13" x 21"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before cutting the shapes.
Cutting the Shapes:
- In eCAL2, go to the eshape store, and search for spring. Purchase the shape shown above or a similar shape.
- While "Keeping Proportions" checked, enlarge the images to 9 1/2" tall.
- Ungroup the images, and turn the "Layer" off the butterfly because it will not be used.
- Turn the "Layer" off the shapes you will not be cutting. Use "Preview" to ensure what will be cut.
- Place the brown fabric, fabric side down onto the Fabric Cutting Mat. Press firmly. Make sure to "Mirror Image" one of the bunnies prior to cutting.
- Load the Fabric Cutting Mat, and cut when ready. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Cut. Pull shapes and leftover fabric off the Fabric Cutting Mat.
- Repeat steps 4-7 to cut the bows. Make sure to "Mirror Image" one of the bows.
- Repeat steps 4-7 to cut one large egg and four medium eggs. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
Assembling the Project:
- Place the bunnies, bows and eggs on the 13" x 22" background.
- Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Sew around the shapes with coordinating thread as desired.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.