Scalloped Heart Pillow
You can't hide your love. So express it with the help of the eclips2 DIY Electronic Shape-Cutting Machine. The eclips can create perfectly cut shapes to adorn all of your fabric projects.
|1/2 yd||White and gray print||Cut (2) 12" squares for the pillow front and back|
|Fat 1/4||Floral print||Cut (1) 11" square*|
|Fat 1/4||Pink with white polka dots||Cut (1) 10" square*|
|3/4 yd||Floral stripe print||Cut (6) 3" wide Strips x WOF|
|1||12" Square pillow form|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 12" x 12"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before cutting the shapes.
Cutting the Shapes:
- Choose a heart shape from the Library, and size to 6.190" x 6.202".
- Place the floral fabric, fabric side down, onto the Fabric Cutting Mat. Press firmly.
- Using "Center Point" from the "Cutter" menu, use the arrows to move around your laser. Use "Laser Cut Preview" until you have the floral print that is desired within the heart cut. Cut when ready.
- Choose another heart from the Library, and size to 7.380" x 7.394". Choose a circle from the Library, and size to 1." "Duplicate" the circle until you have 24 circles.
- Line up the circles onto the line of the larger heart around the edges, creating a scalloped edge.
- Use the "Union" function from the "Path" menu.
- Turn the "Layer" off the shapes you will not be cutting. Use "Preview" to ensure what will be cut.
- Place the pink with white polka dots fabric, fabric side down onto the Fabric Cutting Mat. Press firmly.
- Load the Fabric Cutting Mat, and cut when ready. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Cut. Pull shapes and leftover fabric off the Fabric Cutting Mat.
Assembling the Pillow Top:
- Center the hearts on one white and gray 12" square. Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Sew the 3" strips together to form one long strip. Fold the strips in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together, and press.
- Use a basting stitch along the outer edge of the strips, and gather together the strips until desired ruffles have been achieved.
- Pin the ruffle to the outer edge of the gray and white background, sewing right sides together and with the pressed side on the inside. Sew around the edges securing the ruffle down.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 8" long to stuff.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right side out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.