|3/4 yd||Golden rod||Cut (1) 17" x WOF for the pennant|
Cut (1) 3" square* for hat buckle
|3/4 yd||Black||Cut (1) 17" x WOF for pennant|
Cut (1) 7" x 11"* for cauldron and hat
|Fat 1/4||Purple||Cut (1) 10" x 11"* for "BOO" and hat band|
|5" x 5"||Green|
|2 packages||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|1 package||Extra wide double-fold bias tape (3 yd)|
|1 spool||Black embroidery thread|
|1||Small black button|
|2||Lime green sequins|
- Finished Size: 12" x 60"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Cutting the Shapes:
- Take the adhesive-backed golden rod 17" x WOF piece and lay the black 17" x WOF piece on top, wrong sides together and heat fuse with an iron. Set aside.
- Choose a triangle from the eCAL2 Library and size to fit just within the 12" x 12" eclips cutting area, 11.526" x 11.624". Firmly press the cardstock onto the Cutting Mat and cut.
- Use the cardstock triangle as a template to cut out five triangles from the golden rod and black fabric.
- In eCAL2, go to the eshape store, and search for the Witch Hat w/Optional Band, Cauldron, and Boo! Purchase this shape or a similar shape.
- Size the Witch Hat with the band to 5.206" x 4.618". Once sized "Break Apart" the images and separate the details.
- Size the Cauldron to 3.271" x 4.696". Once sized "Break Apart" the images and separate the details.
- Choose two circles from the eCAL2 Library and size them to 0.500" and 0.400" for the bubbles.
- Size the "BOO!" to 8.792" x 7.656". Once sized "Break Apart" the images and separate the exclamation point. Then "Group" the letters back together.
- Gather shapes together that will be cut using the same fabric colors.
- Turn the "Layer" off the shapes you will not be cutting. Use "Preview" to ensure what will be cut.
- Place the black fabric right side down onto the Fabric Cutting Mat. Press firmly.
- Load the Fabric Cutting Mat, and cut when ready. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Cut. Pull shapes and leftover fabric off the Fabric Cutting Mat.
- Repeat for the purple and green shapes within the pennant design. When cutting the purple letters, make sure to cut them in "Mirror Image."
Assembling the Banner:
- Assemble the cut pieces onto the pennant shapes.
- Heat fuse the shapes in place with an iron.
- Stitch around each individual piece with the coordinating colored thread if desired. Add embellishments of bubbles and spider webs as desired.
- Pin the extra wide double-fold bias tape onto the edges of the pennants with the edge pieces just 1/4" apart. Pin.
- Sew the complete length of the extra wide double-fold bias tape, containing the pennants as you sew down the length of the bias tape.