|Fat 1/4||Pink solid||Cut (1) 13 1/2" x 14" for the front|
|3/4 yd||Gold plaid||Cut (1) 12" square*|
Cut (1) 13 1/2" x 14" for the back
Cut (2) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF
|15" x 16"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|1 bag||Polyester fiberfill|
- Finished Size: 13" x 14"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before cutting the shapes.
Cutting the Shapes:
- In eCAL2, go to the eshape store, and search for the Deer Head set by Miss Kate Cuttables. Purchase this shape or a similar shape.
- Turn the "Layer" off the shapes you will not be cutting. Enlarge the chosen image to fit just within the 12" x 12" eCAL2 cutting area.
- Place the gold plaid fabric right side down onto the Fabric Cutting Mat. Press firmly.
- Load the Fabric Cutting Mat, and cut when ready. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Cut. Pull shapes and leftover fabric off the Fabric Cutting Mat.
Assembling the Pillow Top:
- Center the Deer Head to the 13 1/2" x 14" pink background. Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Sew around Deer Head with coordinating thread as desired.
Making the Piping:
- Stitch the 2 1/2" ends together of the gold plaid Strips.
- Place the piping down the middle of the Strip and fold over, lining up the edges.
- With a zipper foot, baste close to the cording.
- Baste stitch the piping along the perimeter of the pillow front.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 4" long to stuff.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right side out, stuff the pillow to desired loft and whipstitch closed.