Hearts & Lace Penny RunnerProject #17476
Want to show your love? A penny runner like this displays a lovely sentiment for all to see. Even better, you can make it easily with dies from the Rosebud's Cottage collection.
Products Used660929-Sizzix Bigz Die - Penny Rug Circles & Tongues 660913-Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Penny Rug Mat 661636-Sizzix Bigz Die - Hearts & Scallop
|13" x 16"||Pink wool||Cut (2) Penny Rug Mats|
Cut (2) small circles
|6" x 10"||Red wool||Cut (2) large hearts|
Cut (4) small hearts
Cut (6) extra small hearts
|10" x 10"||Cream wool||Cut (2) lace scallops|
Cut (6) medium hearts
- Finished Size: 4 3/4" x 11 1/2"
- Use painter’s tape to tape off three scallops on the die before cutting. Trim the long edge if needed.
- Unless indicated otherwise, all stitching is with one strand of embroidery floss.
Assembling the Project:
- On one runner piece, lay the lace scallops 1/4" above the bottom runner scallops. Whipstitch with cream floss.
- Attach the extra small red hearts to the runner scallops with a large X stitch through the center.
- Center the large red hearts in the middle of the runner above the lace. Whipstitch with red floss.
- Add a medium cream heart in the center of the large red hearts. Whipstitch with cream floss.
- Place a small pink circle in the center of the layered hearts, and attach with a red star-stitch.
- On either side of the center heart, angle a medium cream heart. Whipstitch with cream floss.
- Add a small red heart on top. Whipstitch with red floss.
- Pin the top and bottom runners together, and blanket stitch with two strands of pink floss.