Est. 1977 Wall Hanging
Look no further than the classic past for your next inspiring project. Combining many timeless elements of style, the Sizzix quilting and appliqué collection can help present life's most treasured moments.
|Fat 1/4||White solid||Cut (1) 9" x 13" rectangle for the background|
|(7) 5" Squares||Assorted prints||Cut (1) of each letter* and number* to spell "EST. 1977"|
|Fat 1/4||Backing fabric|
|12" x 15"||Batting|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (1) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 8" x 12"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Fold the background fabric in half and press. Fold in half again to make a square and press. The pressed folds will intersect at the center of the square to help you arrange the letters and numbers.
- Arrange the letters and numbers as desired on the background.
- Heat fuse the letters and numbers in place with an iron.
- Use a decorative stitch to secure to the letters and numbers to the background.
- Layer the backing, batting and wall hanging top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired. Trim to 8" x 12".
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the wall hanging. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the wall hanging and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.