|1 1/2 yd||Brown plaid flannel||Cut (17) 10" Squares|
|1 1/2 yd||Brown floral flannel||Cut (18) 10" Squares|
|12" x 22"||Light brown wool||Cut (4) acorn sections*|
Cut (5) maple leaves*
|3/4 yd||Raspberry flannel||Cut (7) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|3/4 yd||Solid brown flannel||Cut (7) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (6) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|60" x 75"||Batting|
|2 yd||Backing fabric|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|4 yd||Raspberry silk ribbon|
|2 yd||Brown yarn (optional)|
- Finished Size: 56" x 71"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Piecing the Quilt:
- Using the photo as a guide, lay out the acorns and leaves onto the 10" Squares of flannel. Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around the shapes as desired.
- Lay out the 10" Squares, alternating between the brown floral and the brown plaid.
- Sew the blocks together in horizontal rows. Then sew the rows together.
- Lay out the raspberry silk ribbon around the center nine squares and appliqué the ribbon down.
- Sew a 2 1/2" x 67 1/2" raspberry strip to each side of the quilt.
- Sew a 2 1/2" x 52" raspberry strip to the top and bottom of the quilt.
- Sew a 2 1/2" x 71" brown strip to each side of the quilt.
- Sew a 2 1/2" x 56" brown strip to each side of the quilt.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt or tie as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.