Valentine Shadow Box
Win many hearts with this mixed media art. It all starts with Sizzix dies and stamps for making beautiful home décor, gifts and papercrafts to celebrate your special sweetheart.
- Metallic Cardstock
- Patterned Paper
- Binder Clip
- Glassine Bags
- Hair Pin
- Hole Punches
- Metal Label
- Sewing Machine
- Shredded Paper
- Stamp Mount
- Store-Bought Frame
- Trim a piece of cardstock to fit inside a store-bought frame.
- Trim the width and length of six glassine bags to fit inside the store-bought frame. Sew along the sides of the bags to form pockets.
- Fill five of the bags with sequins. If desired, sew the top of each bag closed.
- For the sixth bag, punch different sized holes at the bottom.
- Stamp hearts and Valentine sentiments onto cardstock. Align the corresponding Framelits die over each stamped image, and die-cut. For ease of use, we recommend using the Magnetic Platform to hold the Framelits die in place while the shape is being cut.
- Mat each die-cut onto patterned paper. Adhere each to a glassine bag.
- Embellish with a binder clip, metal label, ruffled shredded paper, threaded button, hair pin, metallic cardstock, rick-rack and stamped sentiments.
- Adhere each glassine pocket to the large cardstock sheet. Place the cardstock sheet inside the frame.