Sweet, Yeah Canvas
Show your approval with this mixed-media art canvas. This is a quick project with a quirky modern vibe that anyone can appreciate.
Theme: Food, Drinks & Cooking
- Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil - Tracks by Tim Holtz (THS 044)
- Corrugated Cardboard
- White Cardstock
- Acrylic Stamping Block
- Adhesive Foam Tape
- Baby Wipes
- Distress Inks by Tim Holtz
- Distress Paints by Tim Holtz
- Distress Spray Stains by Tim Holtz
- Gallery Wrapped Mini Canvases, 4" x 4"
- Mod Podge
- Palette Knife
- Paper Trimmer
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
- Ranger Black Archival Ink
- Texture Paste
- Tiny Attacher by Tim Holtz
- Vintage Book Text
- Watercolor Paint or Crayons
- Using black archival ink, stamp two Hipster Birds onto white cardstock.
- Watercolor one stamped image.
- Once dry, align the corresponding Framelits dies over the stamped images, and die-cut. For ease of use, we recommend using the Magnetic Platform to hold the Framelits dies in place while the shapes are being cut. Adhere together the corresponding die-cut images. Set aside.
- Cut one 4" x 4" pieces of white cardstock.
- Tear out scraps of text from a vintage book, and adhere to the panel of cardstock with Mod Podge.
- Randomly stencil Tracks on the panel with texture paste using a palette knife. Set aside to dry.
- Stamp words from the Hipster set onto scraps of white cardstock. Cut out, and ink with Distress Ink (Walnut Stain was used in this example). Set aside.
- Once the texture paste is dry, spritz the background of each panel with coordinating colors of Distress Spray Stain. (Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive and Faded Jeans were used in this example.) Use your finger and a baby wipe to move the ink around to create depth. Continue adding color until you are satisfied. Ink the edges with Distress Ink.
- Tear strips of corrugated cardboard, and ink with Distress Ink. Staple one strip to each panel with the Mini Attacher.
- Ink the edges of each layered stamped image with Distress Ink. Adhere one image to each panel with adhesive foam tape.
- Adhere the stamped words to each panel with adhesive foam tape.
- Randomly adhere torn strips of text from a vintage book or a strip of burlap to the top of a 4" x 4" gallery wrapped mini canvas with Mod Podge. Then adhere the collaged panel to the top of the canvas with Mod Podge.
- Paint the sides of the canvas with Distress Paint (Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive and Faded Jeans were used in this example.) To finish, use the Mini Ink Blending Tool and Distress Ink to ink the sides of the canvas.