Gingerbread Man Advent Calendar
You won't find a sweeter way to count down to Christmas! Use die-cut appliqués and basic quilting stitches to make this garland that will become a favorite holiday decoration year after year.
|12" x 12"||Brown wool||Cut (12) Gingerbread Men|
|20" x 30"||Red wool||Cut (12) 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" rectangles|
Cut (6) small hearts
|2" x 3"||Assorted green wool||Cut (6) small hearts|
|60" x 90"||White wool||Cut (12) 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" rectangles|
Cut (12) icing arm bands**
Cut (12) icing leg bands**
|Assorted embroidery floss|
- Finished Size: 4" x 45"
- Unless indicated otherwise, all stitching is with two strands of embroidery floss.
- * = Cut numbers between 1 and 12 from either green or white wool.
- ** = After die-cutting, cut arm and leg bands in half.
Assembling the Project:
- Lay a red or green heart and the arm and leg bands onto a Gingerbread Man on top of a white 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" rectangle. Sew around the shapes with coordinating embroidery floss. Sew French knots for the Gingerbread Man eyes.
- Make 12 Gingerbread Man rectangles.
- Place a green or white number on top of a red 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" rectangle. Sew around the numbers with coordinating embroidery floss.
- Make 12 red number rectangles.
- Place a red number rectangle on the back of a Gingerbread Man rectangle. Stitch in place with an appliqué stitch, leaving the top open.
- Using the clothespins, pin the numbers and Gingerbread Men in sequential order onto a length of baker's twine.