Drink in Style
Quench your thirst for creativity! With the eclips2 DIY electronic cutter, you can custom create your own shapes that look simply spectacular. Add them for splashes of style just about anywhere—even on your favorite travel mug!
|1 package||Vinyl||Cut (1) 4" x 10" rectangle|
|1 roll||Transfer tape|
|1||Stainless steel mug|
- Finished Size: 4" x 9"
Cutting the Shape:
- In eCAL2, choose the Diamond from the Library.
- Use the "Shape" tool to drag the bottom node to the left to create a Flying Geese triangle.
- "Duplicate" until there are six separate geese shapes.
- Take another Diamond from the Library, and rotate to line up with the direction of the Flying Geese shapes.
- Line the shapes up to each other so they touch at the tips, as if assembling into a row.
- "Select" all shapes together, and click "Merge".
- Enlarge to the circumference of the cup. The example was enlarged to 3.282" x 8.938".
- Use "Preview" to ensure what will be cut.
- Place the vinyl down onto the standard blue paper Cutting Mat. Press firmly.
- Load the Cutting Mat, and cut when ready. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Cut. Pull the shape off the Cutting Mat.
Assembling the Project:
- Pull any unused or unwanted vinyl off the paper backing.
- Place transfer tape on top of the image, and then transfer to the center front of the cup. Smooth out along the design, conforming to the curve of the cup.
- Carefully peel off the transfer tape according to the manufacturer's instructions.