Succulents Wall Hanging
Bring your passion for gardening indoors with a whimsical wall hanging you can make yourself. With the Sizzix eclips2, it's easier than ever to create personalized home décor.
|1/2 yd||Cream||Cut (1) 18" x 29" rectangle for the background|
|10" square||Dark teal*|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|22" x 33"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 18" x 29"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Cutting the Shapes:
- Search on the internet for a clip art image of succulents. Use eCAL2 to "Trace" the image. While "Keeping Proportions" checked, enlarge the images to 6.223" x 6.388" and 5.946" x 6.036".
- Choose a font to spell the message. The Segoe Print font was used in this project. Using the "Text" function, type out the desired saying, and size to a height of 2.907" for the capital letter.
- Turn the "Layer" off the shapes you will not be cutting. Use "Preview" to ensure what will be cut.
- Place the violet fabric, fabric side down, onto the Fabric Cutting Mat. Press firmly.
- Load the Fabric Cutting Mat, and cut when ready. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Cut. Pull shapes and leftover fabric off the Fabric Cutting Mat.
- Repeat steps 3-6 to cut the orange fabric. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Repeat steps 3-6 to cut the green fabric. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for the dark teal fabric. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
Assembling the Project:
- Place the succulents and the text onto the 18" x 29" background using the photo as a guide.
- Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.