Faith Wall Hanging
Have faith in your creativity! Personalize your home décor by choosing your favorite fabrics and Sizzix dies to create one-of-a-kind wall art that expresses you perfectly.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|6" x 8"||Orange wool||Cut (1) Faith Phrase|
|3" x 3"||Light pink wool||Cut (1) Flower|
|3" x 3"||Periwinkle blue wool||Cut (1) Flower|
|3" x 3"||Light blue wool||Cut (1) Flower|
|4" x 4"||Yellow wool||Cut (3) flower centers|
|3" x 3"||Green wool||Cut (3) leaves|
|3" x 16"||Beige wool||Cut (1) 1" x 7" for cross|
Cut (1) 1" x 15" for cross
|1/2 yd||Background and backing fabric||Cut (2) 19" x 14" rectangles|
|20" x 15"||Batting|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (2) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|Assorted embroidery floss|
- Finished Size: 19" x 14"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Fold the background fabric in half, and press. Fold in half again to make a square, and press. The pressed folds will intersect at the center of the rectangle to help you arrange the cross and Faith Phrase.
- As shown in the photo, place the 1" x 7" and 1" x 15" Strips in the middle of the background to form a cross. Stitch in place using a decorative stitch.
- Place the Faith Phrase over the cross. Stitch in place using a decorative stitch.
- Place the flowers, flower centers and leaves at the bottom of the cross. Stitch in place using a decorative stitch.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.