Angel of Peace Wall Hanging
This lovely angel is ready to decorate your holiday home. Let your artistry take flight when you use Sizzix Bigz dies to create this elegant wall hanging.
|5" x 6"||Light blue wool||Cut (1) dress*|
|3" x 7"||Teal wool||Cut (1) banner*|
|2" x 3"||Peach wool||Cut (2) hands*|
Cut (1) face*
|2 1/2" x 2 1/2"||Yellow wool||Cut (1) hair*|
|10" x 12"||White wool||Cut (2) wings*|
Hand cut (2) clouds*
|3" x 6"||Light blue gray wool||Hand cut (1) cloud*|
|1/2 yd||Blue flannel||Cut (1) 18" x 29" rectangle for the background|
|1/4 yd||Snowflake print||Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|3/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|24" x 35"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|Assorted embroidery floss|
|Assorted silk ribbon|
- Finished Size: 18" x 29"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Using the photo as a guide, lay out the Angel on the background. Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Place the clouds on the background.
- Sew the silk ribbons onto the background.
- Stitch around the Angel and clouds as desired.
- Add details to the Angel's face with embroidery floss.
- Stitch the message on the banner.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.