Mixed Media Journal
The dies used here are so versatile, they can be used for any kind of project from journaling like above, to home décor and cardmaking.
Other Supplies: Mat board, White gesso, Crackle paste, Spritzer, Distress Spray Stains (Ranger), Assorted stamps and black ink pad, Brass fasteners, Twine, Philosophy Tags (idea-ology)
- Die-cut the journal cover and large daisy from plain mat board and paint both sides with white gesso.
- Attach the daisy to the cover and trim away the stalk where it overhangs the edge.
- Use a palette knife to apply crackle paste and leave to dry so that the cracks develop.
- Apply various colours of Distress stain and blend with a water spritzer.
- Apply white gesso to the daisy using a dry brush technique to enhance the contrast and add some stamped detail.
- Insert your pages and attach the fasteners before wrapping with twine and adding the metal tag.