Hold everything! Making your own designer handbag is even easier with the Bigz L Purse Tab Die from Sizzix. Choose leather, cork or fabric to add this classy final touch.
|12" x 9"||Fabric of choice|
|12" x 9"||Fusible woven interfacing (omit interfacing if using leather/vinyl)|
|Washable glue stick or fabric glue|
- Use the Purse Tabs to attach hardware for handles to your favorite purse or bag pattern.
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Assembling the Tabs:
- (Cotton fabric) For Purse Tabs that accommodate hardware that is 1" wide, use the larger of the two Purse Tabs. Cut eight each from cotton fabric and fusible woven interfacing.
- (Leather/vinyl) For Purse Tabs that accommodate hardware that is 1 1/2" wide, use the larger Purse Tab. For hardware that is 1" wide, use the smaller Purse Tab. Cut eight from leather/vinyl (no interfacing is needed).
- (Cotton fabric only) Sew one pair of Purse Tabs right sides together using a 1/4" seam allowance, leaving the short straight edge unsewn. Leave an opening along the middle of the right edge for easy turning. Notch the curved edges, and clip the corners. Turn right side out and press, also pressing in the opening on the side (toward the wrong side by 1/4").
- (Leather/vinyl only) Glue one pair of Purse Tabs wrong sides together. Repeat for all pairs.
- For the straight bottom Purse Tab, sew the upper curved edge of the Purse Tab only, 1/8" away from the edge. For the rounded Purse Tab, sew the upper 1 1/2" only, 1/8" away from the edge. Repeat for remaining pairs.
- Draw a line on one Purse Tab that is 1" away from the short raw edge. Fold down at that mark. Slide one metal rectangle (or other purse hardware) at the crease. Repeat for all Purse Tabs.
- Place the Purse Tab on the front/back of the bag in a pleasing position (measure and mark so that you can repeat the same placement for all Purse Tabs). Place a Purse Tab within each of the placement markings that you made. The folded edge of the Purse Tab should be against the bag. Pin. Topstitch all around the Purse Tab using a 1/8" seam allowance. When you reach the upper area with the point, sew across to the other point.