Around the Garden Wall HangingProject #17900
Don’t leave summer out in the garden. Create this pretty floral tribute for your home with the Bigz L Garden Party Die Set from Sizzix.
Products Used660914-Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Stocking 661018-Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Circle, Scallop 6" 662020-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Garden Party
|13" x 16"||Bright blue wool||Cut (2) circle scallops|
Cut (1) stocking hanger
|3" x 4"||Gold wool||Cut (1) bee hive|
|1 1/2" x 2 1/2"||Black wool||Cut (1) bee hive hole|
|1 1/2" x 1 1/2"||Red wool||Cut (1) heart|
|3" x 4"||Green wool||Cut (2) curved stems|
Cut (1) straight stem
Cut (3) large leaves
Cut (2) small leaves
Cut (2) flower bases
|(12) 2" x 2"||Assorted scraps||Cut (2) lily flowers|
Cut (2) daisy flowers
Cut (2) daisy flower centers
Cut (3) small flowers
Cut (3) small flower centers
|Assorted embroidery floss|
- Finished Size: 6" x 6"
- Unless indicated otherwise, all stitching is with one strand of embroidery floss.
Assembling the Project:
- Working with the top scallop, place the bee hive to the right of center, 3/4" from the bottom scallop. Use one strand of gold floss, and whipstitch the edges.
- Add the bee hive hole to the center of the hive, and whipstitch with gold floss.
- Center the heart over the hole, and stitch with red floss, using a large X.
- Layout the stems, leaves and flowers in a pleasing manner around the bee hive, keeping 3/4" from the edge. Use glue baste to hold in place.
- Using bright green floss, overcast the stems. Use a whipstitch to anchor the flower base to the flower, and make a running stitch through the center of each leaf.
- Use gold floss to whipstitch the lily flowers. Make a large X in each center of the daisy flowers. The flowers are loose.
- Use a small red X stitch to anchor the centers to the small flowers. The flowers are loose.
- Put the front and back scallop pieces together, aligning the scallops so they match.
- With two strands of gold floss and a running stitch, sew the front to the back, just above the scalloped edge, continuing around the piece in a circular fashion.
- Fold the hanger in half, overlapping the ends. Anchor the ends to the middle of the back piece, 3/4" from the scalloped edge. Don’t stitch through to the front. Hide the knots inside.
- Press carefully, and hang on a doorknob or peg.