Life Is Wonderful Card
Sizzix butterfly dies bring spring and smiles to every project they embellish - down to the last detail. These cute shapes help you make special cards, scrapbook pages and home décor in a style all your own.
- Patterned Paper
- Adhesive Foam
- Epoxy Dot Stickers
- Ink Pads
- Paper Doily
- Cut a piece of cardstock to size, and fold in half to form a card base. Apply ink to its edges.
- Cut two pieces of cardstock to fit across the card front. Cut one slightly smaller, and apply ink to its edges. Adhere the pieces of cardstock together. Embellish the corners with epoxy dot stickers, and set aside.
- Apply ink to the edges of a paper doily, and adhere to the layered cardstock.
- Cut a banner by hand. Apply ink to its edges. Adhere to the layered cardstock on top of the doily.
- Wrap twine around the layered cardstock, and tie into a knot. Adhere the layered cardstock with twine to the card front.
- Die-cut out of cardstock the largest hexagon from the set. Apply ink to its edges.
- Stamp onto cardstock the Life Doesn't Have to Be Perfect to Be Wonderful phrase. Add color with markers.
- Align a smaller hexagon over the stamped image, and die-cut. Apply ink to its edges. For ease of use, we recommend using the Magnetic Platform to hold the Framelits die in place while the shape is being cut.
- Adhere the small hexagon to the large hexagon with adhesive foam. Adhere the layered hexagons to the card front over the twine.
- Die-cut the butterfly twice out of cardstock. Apply ink to the edges. Adhere one butterfly to a small piece of vellum, and cut around the shape. Embellish with jewels.
- Adhere the butterflies to the small hexagon.