Floral Heart Flannel Quilt
Design is love. With Sizzix Bigz dies, you can easily cut flannel, cotton, wool and more to passionately create fun and beautiful quilts that express your creativity down to the last detail.
|1 yd||Floral flannel||Cut (12) 10" Squares|
|1 yd||Plaid flannel||Cut (12) 10" Squares|
|1 3/4 yd||Green flannel||Cut (5) 4 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
Cut (13) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
|1 yd||Brown plaid flannel||Cut (6) 4 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1 3/4||Brown flannel||Cut (6) 10" wide strips x WOF|
|Fat 1/4||Red wool||Cut (4) Floral Hearts|
Cut (1) flower for the center
|10" square||Green wool||Cut (4) Leaves|
|6 yd||Backing fabric|
|80" x 100"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 73" x 92"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt:
- Stitch down by hand or machine the red wool Floral Heart diagonally onto two of the 10" floral flannel Squares and two of the 10" plaid flannel Squares.
- Lay out the 10" Squares of floral and plaid flannel alternating prints. Place the four appliquéd blocks in the center, creating a medallion look.
- Sew the 10" Squares into horizontal rows.
- Sew the rows together.
- Place the red wool flower and Leaves in a pleasing manner in the middle of the Floral Heart medallion, and stitch down by hand or machine.
- Sew a 4 1/2" x 38" green flannel Strip to the top and bottom of the quilt.
- Sew a 4 1/2" x 66" green flannel Strip onto each side of the quilt.
- Sew a 4 1/2" x 47" brown plaid flannel Strip to the top and bottom of the quilt.
- Sew a 4 1/2" x 75" brown plaid flannel Strip onto each side of the quilt.
- Sew a 10" x 73" brown flannel strip to the top and bottom of the quilt.
- Sew a 10" x 92" brown flannel strip onto each side of the quilt.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.