Love Wall Hanging
Love is in the air - or up on the wall, in this case! Cut letters and shapes from your favorite fabrics using Sizzix Bigz dies, and create a work of art that expresses how you really feel.
|6" x 8"||Red wool||Cut (1) Love Phrase|
|9" x 9"||Light pink wool||Cut (4) Hearts|
|9" x 9"||Medium pink wool||Cut (4) Hearts|
|9" x 9"||Dark pink wool||Cut (5) Hearts|
|20" x 20"||Background fabric|
|20" x 20"||Backing fabric|
|20" x 20"||Batting|
|1||18" Square white frame|
|Assorted embroidery floss|
- Finished Size: 18" x 18"
- Unless indicated otherwise, all stitching is with two strands of embroidery floss.
Assembling the Project:
- Fold the background fabric in half, and press. Fold in half again to make a square, and press. The pressed folds will intersect at the center of the square to help you arrange the Love Phrase and Hearts.
- Place the Love Phrase in the middle of the background. Stitch in place using a decorative stitch.
- Place the Hearts around the Love Phrase. Stitch in place using a decorative stitch.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Place in a store-bought frame.