Tulips Wall Hanging
There's always room to bloom! The eclips2 Fabric Series lets you customize the size of your pieces, so everything you create is a perfect fit.
|1/2 yd||Cream||Cut (1) 16" x 32" rectangle for the background|
|Fat 1/4||Dark blue*||Cut (1) 12" x 7 1/2" rectangle|
|Fat 1/4||Green*||Cut (1) 12 1/2" x 7 1/2" rectangle|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|20" x 38"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 16" x 32"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Cutting the Shapes:
- In eCAL2, go to the eshape store, and search for flowers. Purchase the shape shown above or a similar shape.
- While "Keeping Proportions" checked, enlarge the images to 4.226" x 4.920".
- "Ungroup" the images, and group the inside pieces together. Turn the "Layer" off.
- Copy the original Tulip, and "Group" back together.
- Find in the Library, the Diamond 2 and the Palm Tree to create the stems.
- Place the Diamond over the leaves of the Palm Tree. "Select" the image, and use the command "Back Minus Front." "Ungroup," and then delete the extra pieces.
- Copy the stem and then "Transform" the piece horizontally, both measuring 2.216" x 8.158".
- Copy the stem again, this time elongating it to create the taller stem measuring 2.430" x 11.292".
- Use Frame 13 from the Library, and enlarge to 7.352" x 9.569".
- Turn the "Layer" off the shapes you will not be cutting. Use "Preview" to ensure what will be cut.
- Place the green fabric, fabric side down, onto the Fabric Cutting Mat. Press firmly.
- Load the Fabric Cutting Mat, and cut when ready. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Cut. Pull shapes and leftover fabric off the Fabric Cutting Mat.
- Repeat steps 10-13 to cut the dark blue vase. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Repeat steps 10-13 to cut the violet tulips. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Repeat steps 10-13 for the yellow tulip. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
Assembling the Project:
- Place the vase, flowers and stems on one end of the 16" x 32" background.
- Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.