Mini Wreath Tumbler Pillow
What goes around, comes around! Perk up a bed or sofa with this cheerful quilted pillow. It's a great way to use scrap fabric or match a custom look for your home!
|(8) Fat 1/8||Assorted prints||Cut (16) Tumblers|
|1/2 yd||Background and backing fabric||Cut (1) 14" square|
Cut (1) 12 1/2" square
|14" x 14"||Batting|
|1||14" Square pillow form|
- Finished Size: 12" x 12"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
Piecing the Pillow Top:
- On each Tumbler, fold the 2 1/2" edge right sides together, and stitch from the fold to the side edge. Turn right side out, making a point. Press.
- On a design board, arrange the Tumblers in a ring.
- Stitch the Tumbler sides together.
- Turn the raw edge of the ring 1/4", and press to set.
- Find the middle of the background by folding diagonally.
- Place the ring in the center of the background, and pin in place.
- Blind hem stitch or topstitch the ring onto the background.
- Layer the batting and pillow top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back with right sides together. Pin and sew with a 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert the pillow form.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right side out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.