Easter Egg Wall Hanging
Is your creativity getting ready to hatch? You can easily create eggs-quisite appliqués with the Sizzix eclips2 Fabric Series, like this decorative Easter design that is as easy as it is intricate.
|2/3 yd||White solid||Cut (1) 20" x 25" rectangle for the background|
|2/3 yd||Pink solid||Cut (1) 12" x 18" rectangle* |
Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF
|2/3 yd||Backing fabric|
|22" x 26"||Batting|
|1 package||Heavyweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 19" x 23"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Cutting the Shapes:
- In eCAL2, go to the eshape store, and search for an egg. Purchase the shape shown above or a similar shape.
- While "Keeping Proportions" checked, enlarge the image to 11.373" x 17.397".
- Place the pink fabric, fabric side down, onto the Fabric Cutting Mat. Press firmly.
- Load the Fabric Cutting Mat, and cut when ready. Make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Cut. Pull shapes and leftover fabric off the Fabric Cutting Mat.
Assembling the Project:
- Center the egg on the 20" x 25" white background.
- Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.