Slim Twist Table RunnerProject #18094
There’s a twist to this table runner! Add a dash of modern country style to your dinner table with an innovative quilt block and your own creative inspiration.
Products Used658328-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 661651-Sizzix Bigz Plus Q Die - Twist, 9" Assembled
|(3) Fat 1/4||Twist bright prints||Cut (1) triangle and (1) trapezoid*|
|(2) Fat 1/4||Twist dark prints||Cut (1) triangle and (1) trapezoid*|
|3/4 yd||White background||Cut (2) triangles and (2) parallelograms*|
Cut (4) triangles
Be sure to note the direction of the slant of parallelograms
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|3/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|12" x 58"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 9" x 54"
- * = For each block: Choose a bright print for the top of the Twist and a dark print for the bottom of the twist to create a good contrast.
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt Top:
- Construct Twist block: With right sides together, sew a background triangle to the bright print triangle. Press the seam allowance away from the background. See Diagram A. Repeat, sewing the other background triangle to the dark print triangle.
- With right sides together, sew a background parallelogram to the bright print trapezoid. Align at dog-eared corners. See Diagram B. Press the seam allowances away from the background. In the same way, sew the other background parallelogram to the dark print trapezoid.
- Sew the bright print triangle unit to the dark print trapezoid unit as shown. The center seams should intersect at the 1/4" seam line. Place a pin to match. See Diagram C. Press the seam open.
- Sew the dark print triangle unit to the dark print trapezoid unit as shown. The center seams should intersect at the 1/4" seam line. Place a pin to match. See Diagram D. Press the seam open.
- Pin the two halves together, aligning and pinning at the center points. There are no seams to match; do not stretch the long diagonal seam. See Diagram E. Press the seam open.
- Make five blocks.
- Assemble the blocks.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Square up the edges.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.