Today I Choose to Create Pillow
Set an intention that will be a joy to fulfill! With Bigz Sizzix dies, it's fast and easy to make appliqués to customize a personal message to yourself.
|1/2 yd||Muslin||Cut (2) 16 1/2" squares|
|Fat 1/4||Black||Cut (1) Create* Phrase|
Cut letters* to spell TODAY I CHOOSE TO
|17" x 17"||Batting|
|1||16" Square pillow form|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 16" x 16"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Use one 16 1/2" square for the front of the pillow and one for the back. Set aside the back for now.
- Using the photo as a guide, lay out the letters onto the pillow front. Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Stitch around letters.
- Layer the batting and pillow top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back with right sides together. Pin and sew with a 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert the pillow form.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right side out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.