Happy Camper Pillow
If your happy place is always on the move, then this project is for you! Create cute appliqués with Sizzix Bigz dies, and sew up this tribute to your adventures.
|1/2 yd||White print||Cut (2) 12 1/2" x 18 1/2" rectangles|
|5" x 9"||Orange print||Cut (1) Truck*|
|Scraps||Assorted colors||Cut Happy Camper pieces*|
Cut Truck window* and tires*
|12" x 17"||Batting|
|1 package||Polyester fiberfill|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|2 yd||Green pom-pom trim|
- Finished Size: 12" x 18"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Use one 12 1/2" x 18 1/2" rectangle for the front of the pillow and one for the back. Set aside the back for now.
- Using the pillow photo as a guide, lay out the Truck and the Happy Camper pieces on the pillow front. Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Stitch around the shapes by hand or machine.
- Layer the batting and pillow top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the pom-pom trim to the edge of the pillow top.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back right sides together. Pin and sew with a 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert the filling.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right side out, insert the polyester fiberfill and whipstitch closed.