Feliz Día Treat Bag
Wrap up a happy day for someone special. When you send a sweet treat or favor in a handmade gift bag, you're sure to touch their heart.
- Cardstock (Black, Red, White)
- Small White Paper Bag w/Acetate Window
- Adhesive Foam Tape
- Black Elastic Cord
- Black Embossing Powder
- Black Fine-Tip Pen
- Black Patterned Washi Tape
- Black Pigment Ink Pad
- Clear Glitter Brush Pen
- Craft Knife
- Cutting Mat
- Heat Tool
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Liquid Adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Water Brush
- Watercolor Crayons
- Wooden Clothespin
- Wooden Spoon
- Cut a piece of turquoise patterned paper from the My Happy Life Cardstock Pad to cover the front panel of a white paper bag. Using a craft knife and a cutting mat, cut a square opening in the paper to align with the window on the bag. Adhere the turquoise patterned paper to the white paper bag using liquid adhesive, aligning the square opening in the paper to the window in the bag.
- Die-cut the heart from the Heart Shrine die out of red cardstock. Add dots along the edges of the heart with a black fine-tip pen. Edge the heart with a clear glitter brush pen. Using liquid adhesive, adhere the heart over the window in the white bag. Apply black patterned washi tape to the edges of the paper bag. Set aside.
- Using black pigment ink, stamp all the images from the Muertos set onto white cardstock. Stamp the Amor Eterno skulls, the heart skulls and the coffee cup skulls twice. Dust the images with black embossing powder, and shake off the excess powder. Use a heat tool to set the images.
- Align the corresponding Framelits dies over the stamped images, and die-cut. For ease of use, we recommend using the Magnetic Platform to hold the Framelits dies in place while the shapes are being cut.
- Using scissors, cut out the second set of the stamped skull images as follows: the skulls from the Amor Eterno shape and the coffee cup from the cup with skulls. Using adhesive foam tape, adhere the two cutout shapes to their corresponding images.
- Die-cut out of black cardstock the Amor Eterno phrase, the Feliz Día phrase and the cup shapes from the Muertos set. Using liquid adhesive, adhere these shapes to the back sides of their matching stamped images, slightly offsetting the images on the black cardstock shapes.
- Using a water brush and watercolor crayons, color in all the stamped images. Using a clear glitter brush pen, color in the eyes, hearts, flame and top of cup.
- Adhere the layered stamped images to the front of the paper bag with adhesive foam tape as follows: the Amor Eterno phrase above the heart, the heart skulls on either side of the window, the flame at the bottom of the window and the skulls with coffee cup below the flame at the tip of the heart.
- Fill the bag with coffee or a gift, and fold down the top edge. Tie a length of black elastic cord around the top of the bag. Trim the ends with scissors.
- Adhere with hot glue the Feliz Día phrase to the top of a wooden spoon. Adhere the spoon to a small wooden clothespin with hot glue. Clip the clothespin to the right side of the bag.