Winter Blessings Wood Block
It's time to deck the halls with sweet winter blessings. With words and shapes from the Sweet Christmas collection, it's easier than ever to add a personal touch to your holiday décor.
- Cardstock (Dark Green, Dark Pink, Gold Glitter, Light Pink, Olive Green, White)
- Wood Block (3" x 5 1/2")
- Acrylic Paint (Light Blue)
- Black Pen
- Foam Brush
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Liquid Adhesive
- Sand Paper
- To prepare the wood block for painting, use a piece of sand paper to sand down any rough edges. Paint a thin layer of gesso over the entire wood block, and set aside to dry.
- While the gesso layer is drying, cut a 2 1/2" x 5 1/4" piece of gold glitter cardstock. Cut a 2 1/8" x 5" piece of white cardstock. Draw a single line around the perimeter of the white cardstock using a black pen. Center and adhere the white cardstock to the gold glitter cardstock with hot glue.
- Die-cut four Winter Blessings Phrases out of white cardstock. Cut an additional Winter Blessings Phrase out of dark pink cardstock. Layer and adhere with liquid adhesive the white phrases on top of one another to create a dimensional word. Adhere the dark pink phrase on top of the white layered phrase with liquid adhesive.
- Once the gesso is dry, apply a layer of light blue acrylic paint over the entire wood block. If the wood still shows through this layer, apply a second layer of paint. Set aside to dry.
- While the light blue paint is drying, die-cut four greenery shapes out of olive green cardstock. Die-cut an additional four greenery shapes out of dark green cardstock. Die-cut four berry shapes out of light pink cardstock. Layer and adhere the berries to their matching counterpart on the dark greenery with liquid adhesive. Layer and adhere with liquid adhesive the dark greenery on top of the olive greenery so that the olive greenery peaks out from underneath the dark greenery. Be sure to only place adhesive near the center.
- Center the phrase on the layered white and gold glitter cardstock, and adhere with liquid adhesive. Adhere a set of greenery to each corner of the white cardstock with hot glue.
- Once the wood block is dry, center and adhere the layered white and gold glitter cardstock to the front of the wood block with hot glue. Lightly pull up the leaves in different directions on the greeneries to create dimension.