Hope, Peace, Noel Gatefold Card #2
Open the gates to the blessings of Christmas. Use Sizzix Flip and Fold dies to easily add intricate, dimensional snowflakes to your holiday greetings, and send memorable wishes to all your friends and family.
- Cardstock (Dark Green, Gold Glitter, Kraft, Light Blue, Medium Blue, Medium Brown, White)
- Double-Sided Tape or Tape Runner
- Foam Sponge or Ink Blending Tool
- Ink Pads (Blue, Brown, Green)
- Liquid Adhesive
- Die-cut a card base from the Snowflake Card, Flip and Fold set out of light blue cardstock. Using a foam sponge, add blue ink to the edges.
- Die-cut the top decorative portion of the card base out of white cardstock, kraft cardstock and medium brown cardstock. From the white cardstock, cut out with scissors the snowflake on the decorative edge, and adhere the white snowflake on top of the light blue snowflake on the card base with liquid adhesive. From the medium brown cardstock, cut out with scissors the acorn shape on the decorative edge, and adhere the medium brown acorn to the light blue acorn on the card base with liquid adhesive. From the kraft cardstock, cut out with scissors all the remaining decorative pieces, except for the holly berries, and adhere them to their counterparts on the light blue card base.
- Die-cut three holly berries out of medium blue cardstock. Adhere the berries to their matching counterparts on the light blue card base with liquid adhesive.
- Die-cut two Flip and Fold snowflake panels out of dark green cardstock. Fold each panel along all of the crease lines. Using a foam sponge, add green ink to the outside edges of the two panels.
- Die-cut two solid snowflake halves that act as layering pieces out of light blue cardstock. Additionally, die-cut two of the medium snowflake layering pieces out of white cardstock. Die-cut two of the small decorative snowflake layering pieces out of gold glitter cardstock. Using a foam sponge, add blue ink to the edges of the light blue snowflakes. Adhere the light blue snowflake halves with liquid adhesive to the dark green Flip and Fold snowflake panels by lining up the straight edge directly below the dimensional snowflakes so that they appear to be a solid shadow. Adhere the white snowflake layering pieces with liquid adhesive to the front of their matching counterparts on the dark green Flip and Fold panels. Adhere the small gold glitter decorative snowflake layering pieces to their matching counterparts on the center of the dimensional Flip and Fold.
- To attach the dark green panels to the card base, center the panels on either side of the card base so that the folded snowflakes meet evenly in the center to create a single snowflake. Adhere the panels by applying liquid adhesive to the flaps and attaching them to the back side of the card base.
- Cut a 3 7/16" x 1 15/16" strip of kraft cardstock. Using a foam sponge, add brown ink to the edges of the kraft cardstock strip.
- Die-cut the Hope and Noel phrases out of medium blue cardstock. Die-cut the Peace phrase out of white cardstock. With liquid adhesive, center and adhere the three phrases down the center of the kraft cardstock strip, starting with Hope at the top, Peace in the middle and Noel at the bottom. Center and adhere the kraft cardstock strip to the light blue card base with double-sided tape, making sure to place it squarely between the two dark green snowflake panels.
- Die-cut one of each style of the small snowflakes, two out of gold glitter cardstock and one out of white cardstock. With liquid adhesive, adhere one gold snowflake to the left of the Hope phrase, one gold snowflake to the right of the Peace phrase and the white snowflake to the bottom right of the Noel phrase.