- Cardstock (Brown, Dark Green, Gold Glitter, Medium Blue, Red)
- Brown Ink Pad
- Double-Sided Tape or Tape Runner
- Foam Sponge or Ink Blending Tool
- Gold Paint Pen
- Liquid Adhesive
- Watercolor Palette
- Die-cut three lantern base panels (with a holly accent at the top) out of red cardstock by nesting the holly die in the upper small quadrant of the Winter Lantern base die. Die-cut one additional Winter Lantern base panel (with a holly accent at the top and a candle on the panel) by nesting the holly die in the upper small quadrant and nesting the candle die in the lower large quadrant of the Winter Lantern base die. Die-cut one handle out of red cardstock.
- Using a foam sponge, add a light layer of brown ink over each lantern base panel to give the lantern a more rustic effect.
- Die-cut a snowflake out of medium blue cardstock. Layer and adhere the medium blue snowflake on top of the red snowflake on the candle front panel with liquid adhesive.
- Die-cut three berries and one candle drip out of gold glitter cardstock. Layer and adhere the gold glitter berries on top of the red berries on the candle front panel with liquid adhesive. Layer and adhere the gold glitter candle drip to the top of the red candle with liquid adhesive.
- Die-cut a candle out of dark green cardstock. With scissors, cut off the green foliage. Layer and adhere the green foliage on top of the red foliage on the candle front panel with liquid adhesive.
- Fold along the crease lines of each lantern panel. Line the edges of the outer perimeter and crease lines of each panel with a gold paint pen.
- After the paint pen has dried, adhere with liquid adhesive the flaps of one panel to the solid edge of another base. Repeat this process until the four-sided Winter Lantern is completely assembled. Fold the crease lines on the handle, and adhere each flap of the handle to the top inside edges of two panels directly opposite each other with liquid adhesive.
- Cut two 3 7/16" x 1/4" strips of medium blue cardstock. Fold the strips in half vertically, and adhere them to the two front corners of the candle front panel with liquid adhesive. With a gold paint pen, line the edge of the fold on each strip.
- Cut three 2 1/2" x 3 7/16" pieces of brown cardstock. On the inside of the lantern, adhere the brown cardstock pieces to the solid red panels with double-sided tape.
- Use the Die Pick to push forward the holly leaves on the top of the panels to create dimension.