|(12) Fat 1/4||Assorted pink, blue and gray prints||Cut (60) Isosceles Triangles|
Cut (6) Right Triangles
Cut (6) mirror-image Right Triangles
Cut (11) Bunnies*
|1/4 yd||Pink solid||Cut (1) 8 1/2" x 32 1/2" rectangle|
|1/8 yd||White solid||Cut (2) 1 1/2" wide Strips x 32 1/2"|
|3/8 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (5) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1 1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|40" x 53"||Batting|
|4 yd||Pink rickrack|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 32" x 45"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Piecing the Quilt:
- As shown in the quilt photo, place the Bunnies on the pink 8 1/2" x 32 1/2" rectangle, and heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Sew the white 1 1/2" Strips to the top and bottom of the pink 8 1/2" x 32 1/2" rectangle.
- Arrange the Isosceles Triangles in a pleasing manner, 10 across by 6 down. Add Right Triangles to start and end each row.
- Sew 12 Triangles together to form a row. Repeat to form five more rows.
- Sew the rows and the pink band together to form the quilt top. Make sure the rows are in the correct order and are not turned upside down. It is easiest to do this by laying out all the rows on a design wall or the floor and then carefully picking up the rows and sewing them together. Press.
- Stitch the pink rickrack on top of the seams, on the top and bottom of the white 1 1/2" Strips.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.
- Stitch the pom-poms to the Bunnies.