|(16) Fat 1/4||Assorted prints||Cut (30) Stars *(2 from each print)|
Cut (30) 6" Circles *(2 from each print)
Cut (30) 8 1/2" Squares (2 from each print)
|1 1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (5) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|46" x 54"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 40" x 48"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt Top:
- Using the quilt photo as a guide, lay out the entire quilt on a design wall or the floor. This will make it easier to keep track of piecing.
- Lay out the 8 1/2" Squares in rows, five across by six down.
- Place the 6" Circles on top of the Squares. Mix and match prints.
- Place Stars on top of the 6" Circles. Try to use a different color and print for each layer.
- When satisfied with the placement, heat fuse the Circles and Stars in place with an iron.
- Sew the blocks into rows. Press the seams in alternate directions to keep the bulk down at the points.
- Sew the rows together until you have completed the top. Press the seams in alternate directions.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.