|6" x 12"||Green||Cut (2) bodies**|
|3 1/2" x 4 1/2"||Dark green felt||Cut (1) shell|
|3 1/2" x 4 1/2"||Light green felt||Cut (1) shell|
|1 package||Polyester fiberfill|
|2||2 1/4" Black buttons for eyes|
|Coordinating embroidery floss|
- Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless otherwise noted.
- ** = Place fabric right sides facing to cut.
Assembling the Project:
- With right sides together, sew the two body pieces together. Carefully cut an approximately 1 1/2" slit in the center of the top layer of the body. (The Turtle shell will hide the slit.) Clip the curves around the body, and turn right sides out. Stuff with fiberfill. Hand stitch the opening closed.
- Place the bottom of the shell onto the Turtle body on the side with the sewn slit. Stitch the shell to the body.
- Using six-strand embroidery floss, stitch three lines on the back of the top Turtle shell. Arrange the top shell on the bottom shell, and start stitching around the outer edge.
- When there is approximately 1 1/2" remaining to sew, add a small amount of fiberfill to the inside of the shell. Continue stitching around the outside.
- Hand stitch the button eyes to the head.