|(5) 10" squares||Assorted green prints||Cut (10) Half-Hexagons|
|1/2 yd||White print||Cut (20) Half-Hexagons**|
|1/3 yd||Red print||Cut (1) Star*|
Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
|1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|17" x 42"||Batting|
|5" square||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 13" x 37"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- ** = Mark the middle of the Half-Hexagon die, place the raw edge of the fabric on your mark and cut.
Piecing the Quilt Top:
- Place a white print Half-Hexagon on each side of a green Half-Hexagon. Sew the Half-Hexagon shapes right sides together, offsetting each by 1/4". Repeat until all white print and green print Half-Hexagons are sewn together. Press toward the green.
- Lay out the rows to form two trees that meet in the middle. Sew the rows together. Press.
- Place the red print Star where the two trees meet. Heat fuse the red print Star in place with an iron.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.