|(6) Fat 1/4||Assorted pink prints||Cut (6) Hearts*|
Cut (10) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
|1 1/4 yd||White and tan stripe||Cut (2) 18" wide strips x WOF|
|1 1/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|25" x 85"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 18" x 80"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Piecing the Quilt Top:
- Sew the 18" long white and tan pieces right sides together along their short ends to create an 18" x 80" background.
- Place the Hearts in a pleasing manner on the background. Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Stitch down the Hearts by hand or machine as desired.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.