Wander CardProject #18642
Wander to new creative places. With the Book Club collection by Eileen Hull, it's easy to celebrate your adventures with words that are perfect for journaling as well as cardmaking.
Products Used662812-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4PK - Journaling Cards, Hearts 662813-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK - Journaling Words
- Cardstock (Black, Gold Glitter, Kraft, White, White Glitter)
- Patterned Paper
- Adhesive Flat Dots
- Adhesive Foam Dots
- Brads (Four Small Metallic)
- Craft Mat
- Double-Sided Tape or Tape Runner
- Glue Stick
- Gold Foil
- Gold Paint Pen
- Hole Punch (1/16")
- Ink Blending Tool or Foam Sponge
- Ink Pads (Aqua Green, Black)
- Liquid Adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Cut a 5 1/2" x 9 1/2" piece of white cardstock. Fold the cardstock in half to create card base.
- Cut a 4 1/2" x 5 1/4" piece of kraft cardstock. With an ink blending tool, lightly ink the edge of the kraft cardstock with black ink. Center and adhere the kraft cardstock to the card base with double-sided tape.
- Cut two 3 1/2" x 4 1/4" pieces of different patterned papers. On one piece of patterned paper, use a gold paint pen on all the edges to create dimension. On the other patterned paper, use an ink blending tool to lightly add black ink to the edges. Adhere the gold-edged patterned paper near the top right corner of the kraft cardstock with double-sided tape. Cut 3 1/2" piece of ribbon trim, and adhere it behind the top of the black-inked patterned paper with adhesive flat dots. Layer and adhere the black-inked patterned paper over the gold-edged patterned paper on the bottom left side of the kraft cardstock with double-sided tape.
- In different areas along the edges of the kraft cardstock and patterned paper, apply a light layer of a glue stick. With a piece of gold foil, tap the foil onto the areas with glue. Pat the foil in each spot until a gold foil effect is created.
- Cut out a 3 3/8" x 4 1/4" piece of a different patterned paper.
- Cut a 3" x 4" piece of vellum. Add gold accents along all the edges of the vellum with a gold paint pen. Center the vellum on top of the 3 3/8" x 4 1/4" patterned paper, and punch a hole in each corner of the vellum. Attach the vellum to the patterned paper by placing one brad in each hole created with the hole punch.
- Die-cut four times out of white cardstock, three times out of black cardstock and one time out of gold glitter cardstock the word Wander from the Journaling Words set. With an ink blending tool, add a layer of aqua green ink to the top half of the white words. With liquid adhesive, adhere the white words to the front of the vellum in a descending pattern that leaves space for a word in the center. Stack and adhere the black words together with liquid adhesive. On the top of the black stack, adhere the gold glitter word with liquid adhesive. Adhere the dimensional word stack to the center of the white descending word pattern on the vellum with liquid adhesive.
- Create a mixture of a gold paint pen and water on a craft mat. With a paintbrush, flick this mixture on top of the vellum paper and die-cut words. Set the vellum aside to dry. Once dry, adhere the vellum panel to the bottom right side of the layered patterned paper on the card base with adhesive foam dots.
- Die-cut out of gold glitter cardstock and white glitter cardstock a small heart from the Journaling Cards, Hearts set. Adhere the hearts as desired to the front of the card base with liquid adhesive.
- Adhere five sequins as desired to the front of the card base with liquid adhesive.